[tor-talk] Alterantive to Blutmagie?
m***@danwin1210.me
2018-11-30 13:42:26 UTC
I see that Blutmagie no longer functions which is sad.

The great thing is that you could find exit nodes by country.

Is there another easy-to-use resource than allows you to find exit nodes
for each country?

I know you can do StrictExitNodes 1 and ExitNode {ca} but this doesn't
allow you to set a specific exit node from a specific country.
nusenu
2018-11-30 13:55:00 UTC
Post by m***@danwin1210.me
I see that Blutmagie no longer functions
Are you sure? Olaf actually bought a new certificate to make it available again.
Post by m***@danwin1210.me
The great thing is that you could find exit nodes by country.
Is there another easy-to-use resource than allows you to find exit nodes
for each country?
You can use Relay Search (or its backend onionoo for that):
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html

example:
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/flag:exit%20country:ca%20running:true
Post by m***@danwin1210.me
I know you can do StrictExitNodes 1 and ExitNode {ca} but this doesn't
allow you to set a specific exit node from a specific country.
Generally speaking it is a bad idea to restrict the relays your tor client uses,
if you care about the size of your anonymity set
but you can tell a tor client to use whatever relay you want.
--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
m***@danwin1210.me
2018-11-30 14:10:46 UTC
My bad! Works now: http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/
Post by m***@danwin1210.me
I know you can do StrictExitNodes 1 and ExitNode {ca} but this doesn't
allow you to set a specific exit node from a specific country.
Generally speaking it is a bad idea to restrict the relays your tor
client uses, if you care about the size of your anonymity set but you can
tell a tor client to use whatever relay you want.
--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
--
change other settings go to