[tor-talk] TBB 8 GUI changes
Joe
2018-09-08 07:00:12 UTC
In Tor Browser 8 - Linux, I guess Tor Browser never uses the selected
theme's colors (in Linux Preferences - Themes), modifying scrollbars and
sliders (or thumbs, in Windows)?

TBB appears to use
"~/.torbrowser/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/gtk2/libmozgtk.so" for some of
its GUI effects.
It isn't an editable file.

Will TBB recognize a custom gtk2/gtkrc GUI control file, if you place it
in the gtk2 folder?
I assume TBB uses only gtk2 to control the GUI, not gtk3?

Or is a userChrome.css file in the chrome folder the only way to alter
the GUI?

In Linux, TBB never has picked up the selected system theme's colors or
modifications, which always have a gtk2/gtkrc file.
Joe
2018-09-12 19:00:56 UTC
Can anyone in Torland confirm whether any Linux TBB version - or latest
v8, ever uses any UI colors from the active Linux theme, that usually
affects all Linux apps?
Mirimir
Oleg Chernikow
Georg Koppen
2018-09-14 16:19:00 UTC
Hello! Updated Tor browser Windows to version 8.5.1в found that the
"bookmarks bar" had disappeared, an obvious bug. How to tell the developers?
It's already in our bug tracker
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/27264) and we are
currently working on fixing it.

Thanks,