[tor-talk] torsocks/usewithtor only for .onion?
Moritz Bartl
2013-08-15 18:46:22 UTC

Is there any way to "torify" applications so they can reach .onion URLs,
but everything else does not use Tor but connects directly?
--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/
David Goulet
2013-08-15 18:59:52 UTC
I guess that could be an option useful to add to torsocks for that. As of now,
with the current version of torsocks (1.3.x), you can't.

We could add something like "torsocks --only-onion" ... ?

Thanks!
David
Post by Moritz Bartl
Hi,
Is there any way to "torify" applications so they can reach .onion URLs,
but everything else does not use Tor but connects directly?
I guess that could be an option useful to add to torsocks for that. As of now,
with the current version of torsocks (1.3.x), you can't.
We could add something like "torsocks --only-onion" ... ?
That would be great, yes!
--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/
Griffin Boyce
2013-08-15 19:52:59 UTC
You could use torify, especially if you're not necessarily seeking
anonymity, but instead just ("JUST") resolving .onions.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Tor#Torify
Post by David Goulet
I guess that could be an option useful to add to torsocks for that. As of now,
with the current version of torsocks (1.3.x), you can't.
We could add something like "torsocks --only-onion" ... ?
Thanks!
David
Post by Moritz Bartl
Hi,
Is there any way to "torify" applications so they can reach .onion URLs,
but everything else does not use Tor but connects directly?
--
"Cypherpunks write code not flame wars." --Jurre van Bergen
#Foucault / PGP: 0xAE792C97 / OTR: saint at jabber.ccc.de

My posts, while frequently amusing, are not representative of the thoughts of my employer.